15) How did you enjoy those Lech Lecha trips?They were amazing! The best part were the actual rides. I always sat next to Texas and Vince and we just partied the whole ride!
16) I see on the video you pumped the kids up with Hachlatois and stuff, how did that make you feel and how did they feel about themselves?
Made me feel good obviously, but I wasn't really the Hachlatos pumper, except for the blue rubber band, where I was the -shall we say- pumper. Yossel got people to make Hachlatos all the time though, and I think people felt good about them
17) Do the guys come over to you today and mention those Hachlatois and other moments u had in Ottawa?
of course. Whenever I meet up with Ottawa guys or call them, we reminisce.
18) Did your years and experience in Ottawa help you out in any way in your life, and how?
Of course. Believe it or not, I matured there (somewhat). I made some friends for life, and of course got my Smicha!
19) Was it a help for where you find yourself on Shlichus in Russia in middle of no where? It's very different. Here I'm seen as a Rabbi. I can't exactly run around the city at midnight wearing white ninja pyjamas eating a fake hand.
20) What was your thoughts when Shoch arrived in Ottawa? This year is going to be fun. I loved the character he instantly brought. We debated what he'd be like. He turned out great. keep em coming
21) What did Hertzel do in Stavropol? and how did make you feel that one of your boys are in your far away town? He really helped out for Pesach and had a blast. I brought him to the city library and old shul, and introduced him as a Rabbi from New York. He dressed the part, too. We had a great time. I wish more Ottawa guys would come visit.
22) Did you ever piss of Rabbi Berger? Many, many times. Never badly. More like I'd be cracking a joke while he was making a serious speech. Biggest one was when I got engaged. It's one of my proudest moments, that Rabbi Berger, when he heard I was engaged said: "Mazel tov, and crap." Always brings good feelings...
23) Whats the deal with the pishing over the bridge on the way to NY? When you gotta go, yu gotta go Note that it was on the 'bo el hateivo' trip we were taking it literally
24) What made you stay in Ottawa so long? 3 things. The guys, the hockey, and the Smicha. I would've stayed forever, but I got married (which everyone should do someday. Yes, even you Leib Morris if you are reading this).
25) Do you feel like you did a "good job" there in Ottawa? I hope so. I have lots of good memories from Ottawa, and I think other do too
26) What do think of YAM all closed down and made part of History? It's the saddest thing. YAM had a great system, and was run by people who cared. Rabbi Berger and Rabbi Smith were amnazing, and they had a superb supporting staff! The Yeshiva needed better PR within Ottawa (and the world) and funding to survive and it didn't last that. Very, very sad
27) Does it bother you that there is not to many places like Ottawa around today? Yes, it does. Even worse, while something exists for the boys, other than Manis Friedman's program, nothing exists for the girls. We need more people who care to do things
28) What do you think of Yamlive?
I love it! When my internet in Stavropol is working, I check it regularly.
29) How can we not let the spirit of Ottawa perish?
By trading odd socks with each other (I still have a Gershon yellow, a Dovi Small blue, and a Lorrena see-through)
30) Whats your closing statement and message to all your fellow Yammers abroad? Play hockey. Love life. Get married. Worse case scenario - do the happy dance
Comments